both inside and outside the Enfield Food Shelf and include but are not limited to:
- BEHAVE in an acceptable and safe manner toward other clients, staff and volunteers;
- DRESS appropriately for family environment;
- NO smoking, cutting line or saving places in line;
- DRIVE safely in the parking lot and obey all cones and signs and watch for pedestrians, especially children;
- PROVIDE accurate and up-to-date personal information when initially registering and upon all yearly re-verifications of client information;
- BRING a license or acceptable picture I.D. each visit;
- BRING clean cloth shopping bags each visit;
- SELECT only from food or merchandise displayed for that week’s shopping;
- SELECT only the amount of food or merchandise appropriate for your family size;
- ASK if you are unsure about products, quantities, have a special need or require other types of assistance that may be available;
- WATCH any minor children with you and be safe using shopping carts, in the facility and in the parking lot;
- LISTEN to all verbal or written policies and/or guidelines communicated by the staff and/or volunteers; and;
- NEVER attempt to return or sell any product received from Enfield Food Shelf
for personal monetary or other gain, store credit or refund.
- VERBAL reminder of Enfield Food Shelf Client Responsibilities, policies and guidelines;
- REQUEST client return with appropriate I.D. or other documentation before being allowed to shop;
- REMOVAL and/or replacement of food or merchandise products for which client is not eligible from client’s shopping cart or bag or assignment of shopping assistant to help client adhere to policy;
- IMMEDIATE OR FUTURE TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT suspension or disqualification from the Enfield Food Shelf food assistance program.
VERBAL OR PHYSICAL abuse of other clients, staff or volunteers will not be tolerated and will result in immediate and permanent disqualification.
It is the staff and volunteer’s responsibility to report a client who is not following Client Responsibility Policy or any other Enfield Food Shelf Policies and Guidelines. Every effort will be made to work with clients. However, if necessary, an immediate call for assistance to the Enfield Police Department or appropriate authorities will be made without hesitation.
The Enfield Food Shelf collaborates with all area retailers and will be notified if clients are attempting to return products for exchange or refund.
This is not a public facility and bathrooms are not available for client use.
The Board of Directors, The Executive Director and the volunteers of the Enfield Food Shelf, Inc., will respect the rights of the clients as follows:
- Client relationships will not be exploited for personal advantage
- Clients will not experience any form of discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender sexual orientation, age, religion, political belief, handicap (mental or physical) or social stature.
- Clients will not experience any action that violates or denies their civil or legal rights.
- Clients will not have their dignity or personal integrity diminished.
- Client privacy and personal information will be respected and held in confidence.
- Client names and personal information will not be released without written permission of the client.