Must be an Enfield resident(s) to qualify for weekly food assistance.
Income total for all adults in household must be at or lower than 185% of annual Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
Annual requalification required (may be requested earlier) based on month of registration.
All registration information may be validated externally. Head of Household is responsible to update information when changed.
First time and requalifying Head of Household registrants need to bring the following documentation:
- Proof of residency in Enfield (One item from list)
- Mail addressed to you from utility, bank, municipality or government organization such as rent/mortgage receipt or utility bill
- Must be an qualifying Enfield, Connecticut address
- Picture Identification for Head of Household (One item from list)
- License (current or expired)
- State ID
- Financial information (One item from list)
- Current SNAP card
- Social Security or Social Security Disability letter
- Last four paychecks (equivalent of one month of pay)
- DSS benefits
- Worker’s Compensation
- Unemployment Compensation
- Alimony, Child Support, Pension Income
- Zero income declaration (form provided at registration)
- Household Member(s) information (for each additional person in household)
- All Adults (18 & over) – picture ID and financial information
- All Children (0 to 17) – birth certificate or driver’s license
- Additional Information
- No appointment necessary for registration during weekly food assistance distribution
- Households will not be registered until all information required is presented
- Emergency Shopping or Qualified Referrals
- Family will receive a one-time emergency shopping before all registration or re-qualification is required.
- Social Service Agencies, Religious Organizations, Schools and/or Medical professionals may call to refer clients for food assistance, household items or non-food products.