DONATION DAYS & TIMES
Food donations may be dropped at the Enfield Senior Center on Elm Street (during business hours Monday through Friday).
Many area grocers (Shoprite, Stop & Shop and Big Y) have donation bins in the front of the store marked “Donation for Enfield Food Shelf”. This is a great place to put purchased donations or that Buy 1/Get 1 items that you might not be otherwise using!
SOURCES OF FOOD
Enfield Food Shelf’s primary source of food is donations from our generous Enfield community. Groups from schools, businesses, churches, civic organizations, trucking companies and sports organizations have generously collected food for Enfield Food Shelf. Contributions are received from many individuals and families as well.
- Tomato paste and sauce
- Canned vegetables
- Canned Meats
- Macaroni and cheese
- Boxed meals (i.e. Hamburger Helper, PastaRoni, etc.)
- Peanut butter
- Muffin and cake mixes
- Coffee (ground pounds)
- Juices (family size or individual juice boxes)
- Cookies sugar
- Baby food and formula
NON-FOOD DONATIONS: Household or Personal Care
- Disposable Diapers (4, 5 & 6)
- Toilet Paper
- Dish Detergent
- Laundry Soap
- Tooth Brush
- Shaving creams
- Feminine products
- Adult incontinence products
Enfield Food Shelf volunteers are trained through Foodshare to assess the quality of the product package, viability of the product and acceptable expiration dates. If your products are expired, please do not hesitate to contact us for further details.
- “Diaper-ade Stand” – Give glasses of lemonade in exchange for diapers
- “Shampoo Splash” – Suggest shampoo be brought to a pool party
- “Benefit Block Party” – Organize a neighborhood block party and target a personal hygiene item to be donated
- Birthday/Anniversary – Suggest a nonperishable food item and/or donation in lieu of gifts
- “Sponsorship” – Encourage your corporation, business, or civic organization to become a sponsor for our major events like the Enfield Food Shelf Challenge, the Maine Fish Market Benefit Golf Tournament, Hunger Takes No Vacation Fashion Show, the National Association of Letter Carriers’ Food Drive, and “Give Thanks with a Turkey” Thanksgiving Drive.
We will give you suggestions and details about creating a project and/or becoming a sponsor. Every event/project, whether simple or complex, provides valuable assistance in ensuring no Enfield family in need is without food assistance.
Enfield Food Shelf
96 Alden Avenue
Enfield, CT 06082
Click the Donate Button below to contribute.