HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Enfield Food Shelf has been very fortunate to be located in the generous Enfield community. Funds for our operating expenses come from a combination of fundraising initiatives, grants and monetary donations from individuals, businesses, religious and civic organizations. We are truly appreciative of all the support we receive to ensure no Enfield family in need is without food assistance.
Here is a list of the fundraising events which help us to reach our annual goals necessary for continued operation:
- Enfield Food Shelf Donation Challenge
- Our only annual mail appeal from March 15 to May 15. Goal is to raise funds to cover annual Foodshare purchases.
- Hunger Takes No Vacation Fashion Show
- October 20th — Location TBD. This fashion show, dinner and auction highlights hunger awareness and supports Enfield Food Shelf and other anti-hunger programs in several towns.
- “Tree”mendous Holiday Celebration
- November 24th to December 10th at Enfield Square. Donate a decorated Christmas tree or wreath for our raffle or come by and enjoy the display of dozens of decorated trees.
- Wrapping for a Cause
- November 24th to December 24th at Enfield Square. Take the stress out of holiday preparation. Bring your Christmas gifts in to be wrapped for a donation.
Other organizations generously run fundraisers for the benefit of Enfield Food Shelf and those include:
- Town Wide Tag Sale by Parent Leadership Association (PLA)
- Third Saturday in May. For a $20, tax-deductible donation, get your address on the map of all the Enfield tag sales that day. Great way to complete your spring cleaning!
- Enfield Forum Spring Donation Challenge
- Members of the forum band together twice a year to benefit Enfield Food Shelf.
P.O. Box 699
Enfield, CT 06083